Why Aren't My Jekyll Posts Showing Up? (Solved)
Question: Why isn’t my Jekyll post showing up?
Your Jekyll post may not show up for a multitude of reasons, but I’ve compiled some of the most common reasons, and how to resolve them.
- Your post is not in the “
_posts” directory. Move it to that directory.
- The post has
published: falsein it’s front matter. Set it to true.
- Your post’s date is formatted incorrectly. Posts should be named by
year-month-day-title.markup. For example,
- The post’s date is in the future, and your post has the
future: truedirective enabled. Either remove
future: true, or change your article’s date to the past or present.
- Invalid characters in the title of the post. It’s most likely you have a colon in your title– change it to
- Your post doesn’t have the correct
permalink:directive. Ensure it is set correctly.
I hope this has helped you! If not, feel free to leave a comment, and I’ll try my best to get back to you! :)